4 replies to this topic

#1 dubollox

dubollox

Coming On Boost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:09 AM

Anyone know anywhere you can get these tested ? I think I have a valve stuck as Im not getting any fluid to my off side rear calliper

cheers Simon

#2 slateford

slateford

Racer

• Dubforce Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Wheels : Golf G60 Ed1 & Golf V6 4Motion

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:50 PM

Never tried them but maybe worth an e-mail as they do exchange ABS units amongst other things. Not sure if they would test or just exchange only?

http://www.bba-reman...px?category=237

#3 dubollox

dubollox

Coming On Boost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

Never tried them but maybe worth an e-mail as they do exchange ABS units amongst other things. Not sure if they would test or just exchange only?

http://www.bba-reman...px?category=237

Cheers for that Ive just been robbed up by them !! All they do is electrical testing. I explained on the phone that my pump works fine but I believe I have a stuck valve with no fluid cominig out of the outlet that goes to the off side rear. After a lengthy chat and me typing up a full page of A4 about the fault and what had already been tested I sent it to them and I got it back with a note saying it all works, I said what was the problem and they said there was nothing wrong electrically and they were unable to test the valve block from a hydralic point of view !! I would prefer to have working ABS on the car than strip it all out, plus IM struggling to find a MK2 16v servo and master cylinder lol

#4 slateford

slateford

Racer

• Dubforce Crew
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Wheels : Golf G60 Ed1 & Golf V6 4Motion

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

Good to know and glad I didn't recommend them!

#5 dubollox

dubollox

Coming On Boost

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

It seems that no one can test the hydralic side of the valve block so its either A. keep trying secondhand parts until you find one that works (but if the pump and blocks already taken off the car chances are it will not work either)or B. rip the ABS system off completely and fit a MK2 Golf 16v servo and mastercylinder if you can find one !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users