Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mk1gtig60

g60 missfire once warm

1 post in this topic

i have a couple of problems with the g60

• i have a misfire once the car is up to temperature, usually over 80 degrees - coolant temp.  It back fires and splutters on hard acceleration. I have disconnected the lambda and it still does it (no change in running), ive swapped the blue coolant sensor with the black one, no change again.  i did set the timing as per guides, the only thing i can say about that is the 0 on the flywheel was jumping about a little and not staying in the middle
  • The other problem is the idle, from cold it sits just above 1000 and once warmed up it sits just below 1000. ive set it up as per guides but always goes back to the above once ive reconnected the blue sensor and rev'd 3 times etc

its a 1h rallye engine with the superchips small pully and chip, merc FMIC, 4 branch and exhaust system, its using a normal g60 ecu not the rallye one

This is all fitted in my mk1 gti

thanks