Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mad g60

Cylinder head

7 posts in this topic

Hi i just was given a G60 Cylinder head 037 103 373 P  from a friend but i never seen this number. Can anyone shed light if they know what car this came off of? All we have in America is

037 103 373 A

Not sure if i should worry about anything weird with this head. I was going to port & polish and slap it on a PG Block and get running.

Let me know if anyones heard of this before i start to rebuild and find out i can't use it.

Thanks

From what i remember, valves are the same size, ports are slightly larger.

Early corrados weren't actually the quoted 160bhp so the "P" type head was introduced.

Again im sure someone can clarify the above because my memory wouldn't be the best

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, PaudieG60 said:

From what i remember, valves are the same size, ports are slightly larger.

Early corrados weren't actually the quoted 160bhp so the "P" type head was introduced.

Again im sure someone can clarify the above because my memory wouldn't be the best

Paudie so you think i can slap head on PG block with out issues? I thought somewhere on the net i found someone say the Head studs where smaller that a A style head but i can be mistaken. i also run ARP and wouldn't want to run into issues if thats the case. I also read that someone mentioned about P Head being on a Rallye Golf but can't tell if thats 100% true. 

Well thanks for Chimming in on this topic

It is a standard G60 head, as mentioned the ports are slightly bigger on the 'p' head, they are apparently preferable over the 'a' head. 

The head on the rallye 1H engine is a different thing to either of these, they have larger holes through for the larger head bolts on the 1H engine.

There was a post about it in here a few years ago

The p head was originally fitted to corrado g60s in the uk.

Ive got one on mine.

The p head was originally fitted to corrado g60s in the uk.

It originally fits a pg block .

14 hours ago, stuartscales said:

Perfect…. Thanks for letting me know!