Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Johan

Jetta 2 litre A/C Problem South Africa

1 post in this topic

Good day I have a brilliant Jetta 3 Cli, 1997 model that clocked over on 300 and is already on 37 000km again without problems.

Now suddenly the A/C compressor does not have 12 volt, in fact, zero volts and when I start the car and switch the A/C and in - cabin fan speed on whatever, the compressor clutch does not engage, VCDS gives me this report:

Address 01: Engine        Labels: None

Part No: 1HS 906 258

Component: 2.0 MP9.0   26ZA0001    

Shop #: 2227355879 

VCID: 0A1D41E736D69216CF-4BBC

4 Faults Found:

03840 - RPM Sensor Front Right: Incorrect Signal

05-00 - Input Open

17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer

P1570 - 35-10 -  - Intermittent

00519 - Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71)

29-10 - Short to Ground - Intermittent

01050 - Glow Plug Monitoring

20-10 - Malfunction in Basic Setting - Intermittent

Readiness: N/A

When I hot wire the A/C clutch the clutch engages, but no high speed fans…

Even when I short out pins 1 and 2 on A/C cut-off thermal switch on radiator top hose, the engine lower refs like it used to do when A/C Compressor engaged, buy nothing further

I know the Fan Control Module does not have diagnostics capabilities, but this leaves me with A/C  in the   

summer….  

1. The 4 point High/low pressure switch has 12 volts pins 1, 2 and 4, not 3, is this correct?

2. Gas is full charge no problem here

3. New Fan control module installed 357 919 506

4. I thoroughly cleaned all the ground points of the car, under battery and on engine itself

5. When engine runs at idle fans come on and never overheats

6. After runs fans also works fine when it’s very hot

7. has two relays for A/A on fuse box. 357 959 141A and 1HO 959 142. How do I test them? No vcds errors on this....

8. Can I bypass ambient rain gutter sensor and the outside temp ambient sensor located in side of front bumper?

9. I think maybe there is a bad ground on ECU , Mp9, ECU : 1HS 906 258

10 can anyone help me with a wiring diagram or better yet, the outputs on the various ECU wires?