Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mad g60

65mm Revs

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what is the highest safe rev points for 68mm 65mm 62mm etc on g60 charger. I keep hearing in the US not to rev past 6200 with 65mm just curious.

my Motor 1.8PG Refreshed Bottom end

g60 head with 1mm Oversized Valves & Schrick 268/276 Head decked also

running on VP MS109 Race Fuel 50/50 Mixture

Stage5 3 fin GT70 BBM blower with RSR Outlet

Techtonics Race 4 into 1 header

Custom Intake manifold with 2 inch runners

Ported throttle body dewedged 

440Injectors

Front mount intercooler

Dubforce Chip with 2.5 KPA Map Sensor in ECU

I have teeth gear from Bartek and can't remember if they sent me a pulley that goes on the Charger bracket where the two black plastic ones go. someone mentioned i use 8v g60 tensioner pulley and  replace one of the plastic pulley. Does that sound right? I assume because the two that are on the Bracket are bigger than the one i believe they gave me and i can t find it.

Let me know what you guys use.

Hi, to calculate the charger speed on toothed pulleys, you have to know exact numbers of caharger and chrankshaft pulley. The safe zone for charger speed is 13 000 rpms, everything above that is some kind of risk, but normally you can spin your charger even more then 14 000 rpms , but very shortly ( 1/4 mile race or eny time when your engine spins on 7000 rpm or even more , thats also depends of your engine set-up and where you have max power ).

My chrank pulley have 56 teeth, and sc pulley 26 teeth, and my charger reach 13 000 rpm on 6500 rpm engine speed. My rev limit is 7200 rpms and If I rev it on those rpms , chargers spins 14 400 rpms.

I use the 8v tensioner pulley, my belt is less swinging .

On January 21, 2018 at 9:48 AM, G-unit said:

Hi, to calculate the charger speed on toothed pulleys, you have to know exact numbers of caharger and chrankshaft pulley. The safe zone for charger speed is 13 000 rpms, everything above that is some kind of risk, but normally you can spin your charger even more then 14 000 rpms , but very shortly ( 1/4 mile race or eny time when your engine spins on 7000 rpm or even more , thats also depends of your engine set-up and where you have max power ).

My chrank pulley have 56 teeth, and sc pulley 26 teeth, and my charger reach 13 000 rpm on 6500 rpm engine speed. My rev limit is 7200 rpms and If I rev it on those rpms , chargers spins 14 400 rpms.

I use the 8v tensioner pulley, my belt is less swinging .

So i counted today and i also have 56 crank and 26 charger pulley is that a 65mm pulley i have? thats what i thought i ordered from them but who knows. Im not sure if they even know what they sent me LOL

4 hours ago, mad g60 said:

So i counted today and i also have 56 crank and 26 charger pulley is that a 65mm pulley i have? thats what i thought i ordered from them but who knows. Im not sure if they even know what they sent me LOL

That set-up is for 65 mm toothed pulley from all dealer , but if you compare with original 6pk it is even smaller equivalent cca 63.5-64 mm.

PS. I made mistake a few post ago, my set-up is 56 crank 28 sc ( a few post ago I wrote 26 for sc , but I use 28 on sc , and calculation was correct for 56/28 )

7 hours ago, G-unit said:

That set-up is for 65 mm toothed pulley from all dealer , but if you compare with original 6pk it is even smaller equivalent cca 63.5-64 mm.

PS. I made mistake a few post ago, my set-up is 56 crank 28 sc ( a few post ago I wrote 26 for sc , but I use 28 on sc , and calculation was correct for 56/28 )

Ok that makes more sense now. i was looking at older post of when you said you had 56 26 and wasn't adding up. 

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY 62MM TEETH PULLEY? EVERY WHERE I SEE IS 70 65 60? I HAVE BARTEK 65MM kit