Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mad g60

G60 tooth Pulley Size

25 posts in this topic

Just trying to get any kind of feed back from anyone that has experienced with with either 60MM or 55MM. I have the 65 on my motor. But wanted to know how bad would it be for me to use either 60mm or 55mm? Only thing is getting proper software for this set up also i bet will be a pain in the rear. And yes I'm running green tops and i have 250KPA Map Sensor in my ECU

Motor is fresh and Built to the Max! New everything Charger New etc etc etc. I only drive on weekend and take my truck to race track once a month!

Lets hear it!

If you rev your engine at 7t rpm , then I wold not go smaller than 65 mm.
If you use toothed pulley, i think that pylleys are cca 64mm,  and onoteher 2 tooth smaller is cca 60 mm.
My crank pulley have 56 tooth and g-lader have 28 tooth, so it is 1:2 ( 1 ratio of crank and 2 ratios of supercharger ) it is like on 68 mm on V-belt...

If you rev your engine at 7t rpm , then I wold not go smaller than 65 mm.
If you use toothed pulley, i think that pylleys are cca 64mm,  and onoteher 2 tooth smaller is cca 60 mm.
My crank pulley have 56 tooth and g-lader have 28 tooth, so it is 1:2 ( 1 ratio of crank and 2 ratios of supercharger ) it is like on 68 mm on V-belt...

Understandable logic G-unit!

Thanks for the input

So im a little confused on the ratio Gunit said above. If I'm reading his logic correct. 65mm tooth would make it a 68mm ribbed? So for me to actually get a 65mm out of my pulley i would go with 60mm?

Please explain if anyone knows.

Thanks

So im a little confused on the ratio Gunit said above. If I'm reading his logic correct. 65mm tooth would make it a 68mm ribbed? So for me to actually get a 65mm out of my pulley i would go with 60mm?

Please explain if anyone knows.

Thanks

No.. it is simple, just count the number of crank and supercharger pulley. The oem ratio for 68 mm is  cca 1:2 , the oem crank pullye 137 mm ( 137:68=2.014  ), if you calculate the toothed pulleys than 56 teeth ( crank ) 28 teeth ( sc )  56:28=2  so you have pretty similar speed and ratio of supercharger.. 

with 56 teeth on crank it is impossibly to have 70 mm , 65 mm , 60 mm as Bartek sales or some other manufacturer who using 56 teeth crank pulley . From my calculation  28 teeth= 68 mm equivalent , 26 teeth = 63.5 mm equivalent  24teeth= 59mm equivalent.

I think that they use HTD set, and I see on ebay that they sels toothed pulleys , 28 teeth = 75 mm  , 26 teeth = 70 mm , 24 teeth= 65 mm ,  22 teeth= 60mm, if they use 56 teeth crank this totally wrong.... for example  they sels equivalent for 70mm ( 26 teeth ) and from my calculation 56:26=2.15  it is cca 64 mm , it is big difference...

With different nubers on crank pulley it is tottaly differnt equivalent, so If you want to correct calculation you must know exact numbers of teeth on crank and sc pulleys..

No.. it is simple, just count the number of crank and supercharger pulley. The oem ratio for 68 mm is  cca 1:2 , the oem crank pullye 137 mm ( 137:68=2.014  ), if you calculate the toothed pulleys than 56 teeth ( crank ) 28 teeth ( sc )  56:28=2  so you have pretty similar speed and ratio of supercharger.. 

with 56 teeth on crank it is impossibly to have 70 mm , 65 mm , 60 mm as Bartek sales or some other manufacturer who using 56 teeth crank pulley . From my calculation  28 teeth= 68 mm equivalent , 26 teeth = 63.5 mm equivalent  24teeth= 59mm equivalent.

I think that they use HTD set, and I see on ebay that they sels toothed pulleys , 28 teeth = 75 mm  , 26 teeth = 70 mm , 24 teeth= 65 mm ,  22 teeth= 60mm, if they use 56 teeth crank this totally wrong.... for example  they sels equivalent for 70mm ( 26 teeth ) and from my calculation 56:26=2.15  it is cca 64 mm , it is big difference...

With different nubers on crank pulley it is tottaly differnt equivalent, so If you want to correct calculation you must know exact numbers of teeth on crank and sc pulleys..

Ok Gunit so i counted 26 teeth on my charger pulley? Can you explain where I'm at?

You have  equivalent for cca 64 mm .. 56/26=2.15  , 137/64=2.014 

For example , if someone want to bay equivalent for cca 70 mm ( as they sell 70 , 65, 60mm ) it will have equivalent for cca 68 mm instead of 70mm , 2mm is not small difference for charger speed and intervall of servicing...

Im so glad you explained this! so what kind of boost levels you think this should read? Do you know if the charger is spinning in danger zone and whats the max rev charger should be taken to running the pulleys i have from Bartek?. Are you running teeth set up also? 

Im so glad you explained this! so what kind of boost levels you think this should read? Do you know if the charger is spinning in danger zone and whats the max rev charger should be taken to running the pulleys i have from Bartek?. Are you running teeth set up also? 

The safe zone for the charger is 13 000 rpms, you reach those rpms with yours set-up at 6050 rpms  ( 6050x2.15 =13 007 ),  but you can spin yours charger  temporarily even on 15000 rpm , buth very short. You shoul avoid rpms after 6000 with yours set-up , you can pull on 7000 rpm when you want take out max performance from yours engine , for example at 1/4 mile race..

Yes , I also drive on toothed set-up , mine is 56/28, cca 68 mm equivalent, I have 1.9L bottom end , big valve head , cam.. etc.. my boost was 0.9 bar ( 0.95 bar on 7000 rpm ) cca 13-13.5 psi.. in a few days I will received G65 charger from SLS , It will be interesting to see what boost will pusch the G65 on my set-up.. ;)

Need to count mine, I've no idea what I'm running!

The safe zone for the charger is 13 000 rpms, you reach those rpms with yours set-up at 6050 rpms  ( 6050x2.15 =13 007 ),  but you can spin yours charger  temporarily even on 15000 rpm , buth very short. You shoul avoid rpms after 6000 with yours set-up , you can pull on 7000 rpm when you want take out max performance from yours engine , for example at 1/4 mile race..

Yes , I also drive on toothed set-up , mine is 56/28, cca 68 mm equivalent, I have 1.9L bottom end , big valve head , cam.. etc.. my boost was 0.9 bar ( 0.95 bar on 7000 rpm ) cca 13-13.5 psi.. in a few days I will received G65 charger from SLS , It will be interesting to see what boost will pusch the G65 on my set-up.. ;)

my Charger is fully worked inside & out 3 fin 70mm outlet. i was expecting to see like 15 to 16 psi

if you've done any head work and porting of the inlet manifold, the boost pressure you'll see will be significantly lower than if you hadn't as the engine will be using the flow more efficiently and not causing it to back up causing pressure.... ;)

if you've done any head work and porting of the inlet manifold, the boost pressure you'll see will be significantly lower than if you hadn't as the engine will be using the flow more efficiently and not causing it to back up causing pressure.... ;)

That will suck for me in a good way. My intake manifold & Head are beast as far as flow!

The smaller the pulley the shorter the service intervals. Obviously not a problem if you service your own, but worth thinking about.

Anyone actually gone as small as 60 on here? Sound like it'd be pushing it a bit far to me.

1 person likes this

The smaller the pulley the shorter the service intervals. Obviously not a problem if you service your own, but worth thinking about.

Anyone actually gone as small as 60 on here? Sound like it'd be pushing it a bit far to me.

It is not only shorter interval service, with smaller pulley you have more danger becouse of high charger speed...

With 60mm pulley, you must take special barings for high speed and every oil change,service of charger ( cca every 4000 miles)

Just looking for confirmation on my setup with the info provided above,

My 16v is running a sls toothed setup,

56 crank and 26 charger so I'm running the equivalent to a 63.5 pulley!?

And I shouldn't bring her above 6050revs over a long period of time. 

If I understand everything I've read above, seems abit of a waist to be restricted to 6050 revs on a 16v!

On 12.04.2016. at 0:00 PM, PaudieG60 said:

Just looking for confirmation on my setup with the info provided above,

My 16v is running a sls toothed setup,

56 crank and 26 charger so I'm running the equivalent to a 63.5 pulley!?

And I shouldn't bring her above 6050revs over a long period of time. 

If I understand everything I've read above, seems abit of a waist to be restricted to 6050 revs on a 16v!

Exactly, you have 63.5 equivalent, and you was thinking that you have equivalent for 68 mm, so it is big difference in charger speed and service...

You can rev it at 6500-7000 but everything above 6000 you should avoid..

As I wrote above , manufactores or dealers who sales the toothed kits , have incorrectly equivalent  , for example, if they use 56 crank , it is impopssible to have ( 70 mm , 65mm an 60 mm equivalent )

I got it second hand a few years ago, not sure sls still do the kits!

Need to call them and find out

On April 14, 2016 at 4:57 PM, G-unit said:

PaudieG60- are you bought a brend new set from sls or second hand ?

On April 14, 2016 at 11:29 AM, G-unit said:

Exactly, you have 63.5 equivalent, and you was thinking that you have equivalent for 68 mm, so it is big difference in charger speed and service...

You can rev it at 6500-7000 but everything above 6000 you should avoid..

As I wrote above , manufactores or dealers who sales the toothed kits , have incorrectly equivalent  , for example, if they use 56 crank , it is impopssible to have ( 70 mm , 65mm an 60 mm equivalent )

SO doing some more research i seen on Gladen Motor sport size they sell 65mm teeth pulleys and they are 24 teeth. but when i counted mine i have 26 so does that mean i have 70mm? Or is every company different? Im so confused LMAO

you need to count the number of teeth on both the supercharger pulley AND the crank pulley.... It's the ratio of those two that's the important bit and will give allow you to compare your setup with the standard belt setups...

For reference, my toothed pulley setup worked out as the equivalent of a 69.8mm standard pulley setup...

On January 26, 2018 at 1:15 PM, Henny said:

you need to count the number of teeth on both the supercharger pulley AND the crank pulley.... It's the ratio of those two that's the important bit and will give allow you to compare your setup with the standard belt setups...

For reference, my toothed pulley setup worked out as the equivalent of a 69.8mm standard pulley setup...

Henny so i counted and it is 56 crank 26 charger. and when i ordered from Bartek they said it was 65mm this was over 3 years ago.  i also know G unit said above he thinks I'm at 63.5 but looking at a 68mm pulley and my pulley from outside diameter looks the same…. well Kinda

On 1/28/2018 at 8:04 AM, mad g60 said:

Henny so i counted and it is 56 crank 26 charger. and when i ordered from Bartek they said it was 65mm this was over 3 years ago.  i also know G unit said above he thinks I'm at 63.5 but looking at a 68mm pulley and my pulley from outside diameter looks the same…. well Kinda

On oem set-up you measure the diameter , on tooth set-up you caunt the teeth. Outside diameter mens nothing on tooth set-up . 

Oem set up 135 mm crank 65 mm charger.  135:65=2.07.      

Tooth set-up. 56:26= 2.15 

Oem set up for 63 mm pullye..  135:63=2.14

The carger spins the same rpms on 63mm oem set-up as 65mm tooth set-up

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:05 PM, G-unit said:

It is not only shorter interval service, with smaller pulley you have more danger becouse of high charger speed...

With 60mm pulley, you must take special barings for high speed and every oil change,service of charger ( cca every 4000 miles)

It's been a good few years since I last posted here, nice to see some are still keeping it going!

My Rallye has been running a 60mm pulley since 1990 (with limited mileage)

I played around with a 62mm pulley on my Golf G60 project a few years back, I should have stayed with 65mm looking back at it now

2 hours ago, BERNO said:

It's been a good few years since I last posted here, nice to see some are still keeping it going!

My Rallye has been running a 60mm pulley since 1990 (with limited mileage)

I played around with a 62mm pulley on my Golf G60 project a few years back, I should have stayed with 65mm looking back at it now

berno is this on teeth set up or 60mm regular pulley? i was thinking of ordering 60mm pulley to feel it out. pros & cons in your opinion? and why want to go back to 65? also since it looks like i have 63 does that 62 seem fast to you?