Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jonk710

Thoughts please

14 posts in this topic

I bought another 16v a few weeks ago. Got it at a good price with a full rainbow interior and also leather seats. I sold the leather so the car was even cheaper.
I have changed all the belts, oil, coolant and filters, car runs great but the paint is poor which lets it down a bit. It's only on 85000mls
It was cheap for a reason, it's a catd. Was stolen 3 years ago by smashing a window and the ignition. The heater matrix went on the thieves so it was recovered fairly quickly by the police. The matrix was replaced, window fixed and new ignition, car was then MOT'd and run for a year then parked up for 2yrs before I bought it.
I never planned to keep it after winter but now it's running good I like it.
Question to you guys is.....
If I keep it then I'll paint it, doing that guarantees that I'll never get my money back as its a catd, so paint it or not?
Run it for winter and sell it at a cheap price to get my money back?
Park it up and get to work on it doing the whole car as I did to the green one last year?
Rubbish pics but all I have
[attachment=17287:image.jpeg][attachment=17288:image.jpeg]

I should add that if I don't have this mk2 then I'll buy another! Looks like I've made up my mind for me

Looks nice that pal, the paint looks OK in the pics. What about restoring the paint with a buffer. You can get all the stuff you need for about £70, do it your self in a couple of days and it will "shine like a diamond in a goats arse". A bit cheeper than a respray and you might shine some profit in to it.

Now that is a great idea. I never thought of that and it makes total sense.
I have a mate who has the full machine polisher so a saving of £70 there.
I'm just away to work for a month so will keep you updated when I get home.

In my opinion I'd get rid of it after the winter, as by the looks of your existing fleet you have enough!!

And I thought I was bad with 2 Porsches and a mondeo!! Lol....
1 person likes this

Well guys, you may or may not know my Rallye has been affected by the floods. I put it into storage 3 weeks ago and just my luck the river close by burst it's banks and the rallye was submerged up the base of the rear seats (I think). As I'm in Angola my wife and 2 mates went to get the car back to the house and thank fully after the battery was in the car started 1st time and drove home. Wife has lifted the boot carpet and it's dry under there but interior is fkd with dirty water.

So, I have bought a few things for the grey mk2 to get it MOT'd like new discs, suspension etc. I'll be keeping the grey one and using that as the toy for now as this is a fine excuse to get the rallye stripped and back to normal.

shit news about the rallye. 

what about wrapping the valver cheaply, just so you dont feel like an old man in a shit car when out and about.

Matt

That's not a bad idea. My mate is going to machine polish it for me when I get back so will see how it turns out.

Just read your post mate sorry to hear about your rallye that proper sucks 🙁 I hope you can get it all sorted. As for the grey 16v I would machine polish it and leave it be. I pulled a little 1.6 Ryder out of a scrap yard back in December 2009. I changed all the fluids brakes etc polished it up and used it as a daily to and throw London whacking about 55,000 miles on the clock, I moth balled it when I brought my Corrado G60 and I have now moth balled the C so it's back in use as my daily. The good thing about not painting it unless any rust areas needs fixing is when you park it up in a car park and some idiot dinks it like they always do your no so worried about it. Where as with fresh paint you will be trying to avoid parking it/using it at times!!

I've seen the 1.6 Ryder and it's an awesome looking car. I agree with Sean, give the valver a good polish, and use it. As for wrapping, did not think it could be done cheaply?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Valver is getting sold.

I stuck a note through the door of the lad who has my old oaky asking if he would sell it. Been down this route before and he wanted silly money for it but this time I want the car back.

So I am selling up some stuff to be able to have cash on the table for getting jonk back.

Off to Angola today for a month so will get on it when home next.

It's 99% sold. Agreed a price and it's ready for him to come and collect it.
I'll let you know if it falls through. Thanks