Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nas

16vg60 500hp?

12 posts in this topic

Hi Mat

I have just seen on bahn brenner web site that there new supercharger can produce 500hp?

Do you have any info on this?

I mean i would be happy with 400hp from a 16vg60 and get rid of my 16vt

Nas

Just looked on there site, I think that by would only achievable on a huge engine and not the g60. The g60 charger they do will achieve 300 bhp on a 16v. I hope I'm wrong as that would be fookin awesome.
Mike.

Please excuse me if this is not in the right section this is the reply i got back from John 

Hi Nas-

Yes we are building a few of these now for your 16v Ltd. engine conversion.
Yes we are testing and have ran these bigger units in the past.
We did 417 wheel HP with a similar set up running 100 octane.

Please feel free to call me if you would like to discuss this in further
detail or place an order.

Sincerely, Johnny Betz

BBM -Bahn Brenner Motorsport
www.BahnBrenner.com
we share the passion!

Out of interest why get rid of the 16vt? Wouldn't it be easier to get to 4-500bhp with that?

Yes it would i'm producing 450 hp already but not a great fan of turbo lag

I'm going to be tracking the rallye soon and i'm thinking of going supercharged being that your always have bucket loads of torque

Ah, fair play that makes sense.

I am trying to go 16vt myself and was a bit worried i had missed something fundamental about the engines.

For your needs being supercharged makes perfect sense, hope the BBM stuff works out.

Why not keep the 16vt and fit a staged NOS kit so it helps the turbo, you get crazy power and can switch off when you don't need it - plus not too pricey ?
1 person likes this

Why not keep the 16vt and fit a staged NOS kit so it helps the turbo, you get crazy power and can switch off when you don't need it - plus not too pricey ?

Interesting but nos puts me off due to the cost of filling the bottle up my understanding is that nos doesn't last long?

Nas 

Depends on how much you use it but it is still dirt cheap style forced induction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on how much you use it but it is still dirt cheap style forced induction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right need help going staged nos but have no idea where to look or start 

Nas

1 person likes this

It is possible but don't think a PG g60 block will put that kind of power. I can tell you i had one of BBM Sprintex Supercharger S210 which is the Charger below the RS 500 they are selling and my car fully built 

Big Valve Ported Head pistons Custom Intake Manifold Custom Intercooler ETC ETC ETC

19lbs Of boost made 308HP and 252TQ to wheels in My MK1

Here are a few pics when i first built and switched cause i wanted more power so i went turbo

Now 16Vt Motor at 18PSI made over 100HP more than my Supercharger Motor. But torque was Insane!