DubForce.net

Eibach anti roll bars

Was thinking about this for the 16v until I saw the price!

Anyway, are these worth the upgrade?

The new engine will be more powerful in the mk2 so want to upgrade as much as I can afford to.

Can anyone tell me why the design is different as they fit the same car and what are the recommendations?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Anti-Roll-Bar-kit-Volkswagen-Golf-Mk2-83-92-1-0-1-3-1-6-1-8-1-8-16V-/251331305598?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a8483607e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK2-GOLF-Eibach-Anti-Roll-Bar-Kit-Mk2-Golf-all-exc-Rallye-syncro-/360992320207?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item540cd1aacf

I have the neuspeed kit on my valver which is a similiar design to
the eibach arb's. I can't comment on them being worth the money
as they were on the car when I got it. That being said they do make a
noticeable difference over the standard ones but I imagine half of that
Is because there not 24 years old. Im also running coilovers and the cars
fully poly bushed, it rides like a go cart!

its also worth mentioning that I had to modify my jetex backbox as it knocked
on thr rear arb.
As for the differences in your links, my guess is the heritage pic is an actual
picture of the product and the other is a random file image of an arb.

Thanks for that.

So, I need to do both front and back at the same time to get the benefit? Can't seem to find just the front for sale anyway.

I have coil overs to go on and have already got some poly bush's, just buying when I can afford them. Also have a Magnex exhaust to go on which I got with the donor car so hopefully no modifying needs done to that.

Thanks for that.
So, I need to do both front and back at the same time to get the benefit? Can't seem to find just the front for sale anyway.
I have coil overs to go on and have already got some poly bush's, just buying when I can afford them. Also have a Magnex exhaust to go on which I got with the donor car so hopefully no modifying needs done to that.

Yes, for the full benefit its probably best to do both.
the front is an outright replacement while the rear attaches
to the rear of the rear beam, so I have 2 arb's on the back.
hence the need to cut and reweld the the backbox.

I have just bought a 24mm Passat front roll bar second hand via a random Google search. It was at a German breakers and cost me £35 delivered with drop links and bushes. It's not fitted yet but looks the same shape but much thicker.

I have just bought a 24mm Passat front roll bar second hand via a random Google search. It was at a German breakers and cost me £35 delivered with drop links and bushes. It's not fitted yet but looks the same shape but much thicker.

Bargain

Jonk, what suspension is in the car and is it already polybushed?

IMO sometimes the addition of upgraded arbs (on top of poly and suspension) can over stiffen and remove the natural ability and flex of the chassis itself. 

Just as FYI, H&R do two arbs sizes. I've a set of the heavier spec which will be added to my MK2 16v but only after I have driven the car first with Powerflex and coilovers in and bedded in.

I have a set of AP coil overs to go on it.

The subframe and suspension is 227000mls old so looking to get it all stripped out and re-bushed.

I take your point of over stiffening the car, something I hadn't considered.

I'm away to start it today, well, at least get it up on stands, grill and bonnet of etc.

The wife called me from tesco yesterday saying there was steam / smoke coming from the bonnet and the car was stinking of burning, so no choice now but to get on with it. Of course the reliability of a Golf got her home :ninja:

With decent aftermarket arb's it will allow you to "soften" your coilover settings, so you don't have such a harsh ride... I know one of the companies does arb's for non-coilover cars, so you would have to check that. H&R used to do (not checked if they still do) an adjustable rear bar on one of their sets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

seat cupra 20vt front arb and links is a direct swap onto a mk2 golf , uprates to to close what a g60 one is

did it on mine with no upgrade on the rear and its a good upgrade , cheap too should be able to get one for £20 or so