Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G60Steve

G60 engine & Genuine VW Golf Rallye Rear Wheel Bearing.

14 posts in this topic

How long do you call "a while" ?

It's also on other forums and eBay(for more) so not sure how long it will be available.

Bearing now sold.

.It can stay where it is for couple of weeks if I get full payment or at least a £50 deposit?

Or are you waiting for payday?

[quote name='clipperjay' timestamp='1339588964' post='154022']
I'm curious whats wrong with the PG again?
[/quote]

It's been stood in my garage without being turned over for at least 8 years so will need a rebuild....hence spares or repair.

As I said...[b]It's been stood in my garage[u] without[/u] [u]being[/u] [u]turned[/u] over for at least 8 years so will need a rebuild....hence[/b] [u][b]spares[/b][/u] or [u][b]repair[/b][/u].

I only remembered I'd still got it when I moved some other stuff at the back of the garage and saw it sat there....along with a brand new Subaru Legacy gearbox that's still in it's crate that I'd also forgot about, :blink:
I didn't manualy crank the engine over....hence it's not been turned over for at least 8 years.

I do hope you're not expecting a PG engine for 85 quid that's been stood in the back of a garage for 8 years that you can just drop straight into a car and it will run....if so I'm afraid you've set your sights a bit on the high side.

The engine is for[b] spares[/b] or [b]repair[/b] and will need a rebuild before it can be used again.

Hope that's clear enough?.

No problems Steve I was interested in pistons and rods ([b]spares[/b]) TBF if its been kept out of moisture oil still in the sump I would expect some [b]manual crank[/b] is possible, then the pistons not siezed and bores not rusted (That was my point of clarity I wanted, after all a socket on the crank and turning it over takes five minutes.
My sights are always too high ;)

It's not within touching distance yet as there's a bit of stuff to clear in front of it or I would have taken the 5 minutes you say it takes to try cranking it

How much are G60 conrods and pistons these days...more than 85 quid?
And a PG cylinder head,block,inlet manifold,exhaust manifold costs how much these days?

In fact the more I think about it I may as well just pull it to bits and sell everything seperately.....

Woo hold on :lol:

As said I'll take it by end of month if you have no serious interest :)

[quote name='chunkymunkey003' timestamp='1339667202' post='154064']
Woo hold on :lol:

As said I'll take it by end of month if you have no serious interest :)
[/quote]

Yes I know you did but I also said I'd gladly hold it for you until then if a deposit is paid.

Just seen a set of pistons and conrods for 200 quid.....mmm where's that socket set and spanners....

Did you? Sorry totally missed that! Make it £30 and I'll sort pay rest cash at end of the month, might be weekend before if I get time between a few jobs :)