DubForce.net

[quote name='mikeg60' timestamp='1331143311' post='151536']
I think this is a pointless project mate,why not just turbo it?2 x g60 superchargers to go bang great!
Nice "MDF" charger bracket by the way :wacko: that will work...lol.
[/quote]what would you know ,i dont have to explain myself to delinquants like you 2 chargers better than 1 and i have allready built g60 with turbo aswell so go and dream boy

Always wondered about a 20vG,might be the character those soulless engines need to bring them to life!

All the best with it man,hope it all goes well for yea!!

[quote name='mk1-forcedfed' timestamp='1331150985' post='151540']
what would you know ,i dont have to explain myself to delinquants like you 2 chargers better than 1 and i have allready built g60 with turbo aswell so go and dream boy
[/quote]
What ever mate, still don't get how two chargers are better than one good one? Have you not heard of 'parasitic loss' before? Two 'belt driven'chargers are just going to sap more power just turning the bloody things round! That will make the engine feel like crap to rev with all that drag....Why don't you compound charge it, you will get your low end torque from the charger, then a kick in the mid/high rev range as the turbo takes over. What your doing is a total WASTE OF TIME FELLA and a waste of a 20valves that can flow much more than you will be flowing through them.

[/quote]

Now, I'm not entirely sure, but it's pretty possible that he's using mdf to mock up a bracket before making it out of metal ... just an idea ;)

You may think it's a silly thing to do but you've made your point so time to move on to some other threads eh.

To the OP, a bit more info on the build / pics etc would be interesting :)

[/quote]

As above, did you actually not realise that the guy has just used MDF to mock up the bracket, prior to presumably doing a CAD drawing and metal fabrication?

[size=2][quote name='mikeg60' timestamp='1331143311' post='151536']
I think this is a pointless project mate,why not just turbo it?2 x g60 superchargers to go bang great!
[/quote][/size]

[size=2]Sounds like a man with an opinion... well follow this link to see how much your opinion matters in life...[/size]

[size=2][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RycwYRcm3Lc"][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RycwYRcm3Lc[/url]]Doug Stanhope - Why your opinion doesn't matter[/url][/size]

[size=2]Now leave the lad to build what he wants and try giving him some encouragment like a decent chap[/size]

Mk1-forcedfed, this looks like its going to be an a seriously cool project and I'll be watching it with great interest! Good luck with it.

[quote name='oak-g60' timestamp='1331238205' post='151576']
Pardon my ignorance/stupidity where will the second charger be ?
Looking forward to see how this turns out.
[/quote]

i would think as hes using an aeb block engine, the g60 brackets fit straight on like they do on 8v block. early 20v engines are svery similar block to 20v but 20v head

There has been a few 20V single G60's built before, including some by a well-known UK out-fit that built a VW-motorsport themed Rallye for a disabled lad. Haven't seen a 20V twin-G60 set-up before in the UK, albeit I have seen one built by a french tuning outfit. There's also a few 16V twin G60's around.

Hat's-off to you for keeping original and best of luck with the project, a single 20VG60 normally makes about 300BHP so could be some good figures, plus they sound amazing.

thanks to you all with open minds,i plan to run 2 standard pulleys for charger reliability,ive had lots of flow work on head and will run 2 into 1 charge cooler specific to requirements,i built because my engine was worlds first 20v supercharged from jabbasport,i did put a new ihi vf34 on to run with charger but got fed up trying to devise bypass system which i decided as a no no as i wanted to harness whatever power out of charger as long as it was spinning and didnt want to use electro mechanical clutch,all my main brackets are done now and ive milled an original main charger bracet down to use on rear so it matches front,just need another good charger now,all the loom is done,chargecooler being made and custom tubular manifold to 3" WOULD BE HAPPY WITH 340 BHP BUT ITS HOW IT GETS THERE THAT COUNTS,THANKS TO ALL YOU WHO GAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK MORE PICS VERT SOON ANYONE OUTHERE HELP WITH A CHARGER THANKS AGAIN

Good luck with your project, i understand why u are doing as do most on here and its a shame someone wants stick their oar in frankly be rude about what you are doing. Keep the pics coming, i don't come on here much now but will check on this one as it sounds that bit different. ;)

20v G60's make very good power and the few twin G60 8v also make good power so the combination should prove impressive !! the benefit of the chargers is there is absolutely NO lag so I look forward to seeing how this develops - great work and good on you for moving the goal posts and not just following the crowd - turbos sound like nothing where as a G60 on full song sounds mental - hence I have kept my G60 motor in my Rallye which even for a 1.8 8V produces 250bhp - its all the little tweaks and effort that makes the difference :-)

[quote name='mk1-forcedfed' timestamp='1331858049' post='151823']
thanks to you all with open minds,i plan to run 2 standard pulleys for charger reliability,ive had lots of flow work on head and will run 2 into 1 charge cooler specific to requirements,i built because my engine was worlds first 20v supercharged from jabbasport,i did put a new ihi vf34 on to run with charger but got fed up trying to devise bypass system which i decided as a no no as i wanted to harness whatever power out of charger as long as it was spinning and didnt want to use electro mechanical clutch,all my main brackets are done now and ive milled an original main charger bracet down to use on rear so it matches front,just need another good charger now,all the loom is done,chargecooler being made and custom tubular manifold to 3" WOULD BE HAPPY WITH 340 BHP BUT ITS HOW IT GETS THERE THAT COUNTS,THANKS TO ALL YOU WHO GAVE POSITIVE FEEDBACK MORE PICS VERT SOON ANYONE OUTHERE HELP WITH A CHARGER THANKS AGAIN
[/quote]

hi
the 20v g60 that u had was it in the green mk1 scirroco storm from back in around 2000-2001 4wd and the biggest charge cooler that id seen if it is that engine was impressive i remmember the right up tec on the gearbox alone was half a page long.
its good to see some one thinking out the box of building some thing diffrent fair play to u
when i was bulding my engine i to had to think out the box all i had to go by was pictures of engines on stands everthing was trail and error but i did not give up in the end i had more satisfaction and joy from people comments saying thats unique something diffrent from norm.
one chager sounds great but having two running OMG bloody awsome
i have a spare charger i would love to do some thing like this on my engine

this is a intresting project u got going there best of luck with it dude

[quote name='scotcorradog60' timestamp='1331909003' post='151837']
"worlds-first 20V supercharged" ? Not sure about that one mate....
[/quote]yes it was mate mike at jabbasport built this before volkspeed 20v worlds first

[quote name='sajg6016v' timestamp='1332034790' post='151872']
hi
the 20v g60 that u had was it in the green mk1 scirroco storm from back in around 2000-2001 4wd and the biggest charge cooler that id seen if it is that engine was impressive i remmember the right up tec on the gearbox alone was half a page long.
its good to see some one thinking out the box of building some thing diffrent fair play to u
when i was bulding my engine i to had to think out the box all i had to go by was pictures of engines on stands everthing was trail and error but i did not give up in the end i had more satisfaction and joy from people comments saying thats unique something diffrent from norm.
one chager sounds great but having two running OMG bloody awsome
i have a spare charger i would love to do some thing like this on my engine

this is a intresting project u got going there best of luck with it dude
[/quote]hello mate thanks for that,im doing this for the love and sense of acchievement i could help you if you want to twin charge no problems is your spare charger for sale give me a call 07891 494 448 thanks again for your positive feedback respect