Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dubollox

Vag Com & Ebay cables

8 posts in this topic

Hi having a couple of communication issues using shareware or 409 verzsion of vag com and an ebay cable on my g60 corrado . I remember reading somewhere about using a 3rd party usb-serial driver to give an extra tab in the com port properties in windows so you could make a speed or timing adjustment ?????? Any ideas ? I have the correct ports set right so vag com sees the interface

cheers

Si

ebay calbes arent full vag com cables.

also on the corrado g60, you might as well not bother. i dont think the corrodo was obd2 until the late VR's so there is next to nothing that will respond.

with a legitimate cable you might be able to query the ABS ECU but thats about it.

Matt

ebay calbes arent full vag com cables.

also on the corrado g60, you might as well not bother. i dont think the corrodo was obd2 until the late VR's so there is next to nothing that will respond.

with a legitimate cable you might be able to query the ABS ECU but thats about it.

Matt

Hi Matt

thanks or the reply although not what i was looking for ;) Im aware of the constraints of the cable. As for not bothering on a G60 thats not too helpful either I used the shareware version with my Ebay cable to query my ABS ECU , got the codes, worked through the faults and all resolved now much much quicker than working through all the tests with a multimeter !!!! The thing is that I was after was reminding about how to "slow" the port settings down . I had an old post saved somewhere that I ve lost. It said about using a third party usb-serial driver to reveal an extra tab on the com port properties in windows and then said what to set it to. This worked a treat when I did it on my mates laptop using the shareware version and the same cable I just cant remember how I did it LOL

i thought you were on about engine timing!!! lol.

usb ports dont have a speed. emulated serial ports might have, but you've got new vag com which understands usb. i take it youve only got a serial vag com cable?

Matt

i thought you were on about engine timing!!! lol.

usb ports dont have a speed. emulated serial ports might have, but you've got new vag com which understands usb. i take it youve only got a serial vag com cable?

Matt

No worries Bud . In order to get my shareware version to work with ebay cable and see my ABS ecu I had to modify the port properties . I had to install a driver from www.ftdichip.com then modify the properties. I need to set the same up on my laptop now but I cant remember what I did jus wondered if anyone else remembered doing anything similar ? I can get Vag Com to see my interface but I get communication errors when i try to do anything

No worries Bud . In order to get my shareware version to work with ebay cable and see my ABS ecu I had to modify the port properties . I had to install a driver from www.ftdichip.com then modify the properties. I need to set the same up on my laptop now but I cant remember what I did jus wondered if anyone else remembered doing anything similar ? I can get Vag Com to see my interface but I get communication errors when i try to do anything

WOO HOO ! I remembered !!! Hardware - Device manager - Ports (COM & LPT) and Properties of Communication Port (USB) usually Com4 and in the advanced settings turn down the 'Latency timer' to 5

I have got a cable that does obd1 and 2 but the connection to the port is an old pin one. i have a laptop and a netbook now which have rendered the cable useless. now i can't get an obd1 cable to work on the vr6.