Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nightrider

Porsche Design 90s (fronts 8" & Rears 9")

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just a little confused on what size adapters to use for porsche design 90s? its going on a mk2 golf but might decide to put them on my rallye.

Fronts 8"/16" and rear 9"/16 all four wheel are et 52.

From reading other posts, i guess the tires sizes would be as follows (with stretch and considering rolling radius):

fronts 195/40/16 or 195/35/16

rears 215/35/16 or 205/40/16

is this correct?

Thanks

Nick

As long as the rolling radius is the same front to rear then you'll have no probs on a Rallye.

This however doesn't matter on a 2wd g60.

adapters will differ depending on your set up, ie cut/ rolled arches , lowered etc etc etc.

you don't state what your actual set up is or will be??

Mak

I've got fully adjustable coilover, would like to avoid cutting or rolling arches but if i have to, i have to, its not a big issue since the car is being fully rebuilt.

Im hoping the stretch tires would help with clearing the outer arches.

Just worried about clearance issue with the inner side of the arches.

Plan is to have them fitted to my golf mk2 gti shell, but might fit them on the rallye if plans change.

Thanks

Hoping someone can help me.

Not sure what size adapter i need for my porsche design 90s.

Will be fitted to a mk2 golf.

Wheel size Fronts 8"/16" and rear 9"/16 all four wheels are et 52.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Nick

From the top of my head, I seem to remember that your 9's would have to be around ET 15 to clear the struts, so you need around 52-15mm=37mm

I'm running Porsche 928GT (Silver roses) 8" on the front and 9" on the back with the tyres 205/40/16 on the front and 215/40/16 on the rears but you could get away with 195/40/16 on the front and 205/40/16 on the back easy

as far as adaptors are concerned I'm running 25mm on the front and 35mm on the back i had to do some arch trimming all round to get them to fit but otherwise it was pretty straight forward

if you want some pics of my current set up let me know :)

Cheers

James

I'm running Porsche 928GT (Silver roses) 8" on the front and 9" on the back with the tyres 205/40/16 on the front and 215/40/16 on the rears but you could get away with 195/40/16 on the front and 205/40/16 on the back easy

as far as adaptors are concerned I'm running 25mm on the front and 35mm on the back i had to do some arch trimming all round to get them to fit but otherwise it was pretty straight forward

if you want some pics of my current set up let me know :)

Cheers

James

Hi James,

Thanks, that would be great just so it would give me an idea of what it would look like on the 25mm and 35mm. Ive just got my wheels refub, and picked up 195/40/16 tires for all 4 wheels, i know the rears gonna be abit of a stretch but i wont be using them all year round.

Nick