DubForce.net

Guys,

Wanted to let you know that I've just had a brand new Rallye windscreen fitted by Autoglass.

Mine cracked and when I called them for a replacement they confirmed the windscreen was out of production and they couldn't source one. I have an agreed value on my car and autoglass called my insurance company who confirmed that Autoglass could custom make a new one for me. They took my windscreen out and made a jig up and built a new windscreen which included a graduated tint and also the black border with pattern as per the original design. They made two incase mine broke when fitting so basically they have one spare. I mentioned that I would post this on the forum and they kept the jig in case anyone wants a screen made.

If you need contact details please PM me and I will pass on the details.

Cheers Sanj

Yes, I *still* need a new one. I was under the impression that the likes of Autoglass do have a good source of aftermarket bonded MK2 windscreens, so if they're now having to custom make them then blimey! I would be most grateful for any details. My problem is that my Syncro currently does not have insurance as it's off the road and I fear windscreens being totally obsolete by the time it has insurance. What do I do...? :(

Sanj - would be great to meet up and grab those details as I need a new screen and may as well get it sorted if they have a spare !!

Give you a call over the weekend if you're ok to meet.

I will post the contact details later today.

Cheers

i wouldnt let ANY Autoglass staff member near my Rallye!!!!

National windscreens will get a call from me if i ever need too!!!

excuse the density of this question but....

.... Is the rallye the same as the G60 bond in screen

again sorry for being thick, my car is having a respray this year and i want a brand new screen for it when its done.

many thanks

• 3 months later...

My Rallye needs a new bonded windscreen. Mine has to go through AutoWindscreens and they have said they will have to make one, and that they have made a few this year already.

Question is though, what about the screen surrounds, spacers etc.... Anyone had to change these too as they are obsolete from VW....

• 7 months later...

Can i just ask how much it cost to have the screen fitted to your Rallye? I twatted a bat late one night in my G60 and put a tiny crack and a massive splat of blood on mine.The worst bit is though,that its the orig VW screen,i could live with the tiny crack if they are going to make a complete mess of my w/screen aperture taking it out just for it to go rotten within 12mths.Also what about the black plastic trim surround,can they supply them too?Cheers

• 6 years later...

Dragging this up from the grave...need to get my G60 painted so the screen has to come out...tis cloudy in the corners anyway but what's the likelihood of me being able to source a new bonded screen??

fuckin classic parts and their prices 

bustards 

this screen cost them not more than 20 euros delivered from china , as they are still availible there for their jetta 2 which had instaled bonded sreen from factory.

Look on the pics classic has posted , there is not even vw badge on the screen