Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Barrowfordred

What do I need for Vag Com

14 posts in this topic

OK, I've downloaded version 311.2 from the Rosstech site but I've yet to install it. Do I just need an OBD-1 cable for my Rallye?

Oh and where are the cables located on a Rallye? Are they under the carpet in front of the gearlever?

You need a 2+2 conector on the rallye and its down under the gear gaitor. You can only check the ABS I think tho :(

You need a 2+2 conector on the rallye and its down under the gear gaitor. You can only check the ABS I think tho :(

Thanks Gaz, ABS is what I'm after checking. I don't think mine works. I've been told I need to clear any error codes after a new cable has been fitted or it won't work?? And ,as you know, I've no ABS warning light panel so I can't check if the light is on.

Is version 311.2 the version to use?

dunno?? Think mine is version 8- LOL

Anyone else????

I have a really old version like 0.8 and that works with all the old stuff, let me know if you wanna try it

Out of interest i may have a go at checking mine using it at the weekend as well , i also have the 1551 so i can have

a play with that as well, but suspect i needs one of the other plugs on the car to power up the device

I can log in with my Vag Com, I just need to borrow a 2+2 when I want to do it :(

Where abouts are you? Lancs :whistling: (Duff that is)

yeah that vag-com should do it, one i use is the newest, its called VAS-COM but i dont know the number <_< whats the 2+2 cable? the black and white single pin connectors?

The newest version is simply called VCDS and the latest as it updated today is 805.1

ooo VCDS, it says VAS-COM on my desktop and i only got this one bout a month ago. theres an even newer one then? what does it do extra? as mine has OBD-2 and gateway. sorry if that is abit off topic

Right - I've connected an OBD2 with a 2+2 serial adaptor. But when I do test all I get is

"Interface Status: 3 • Not Found or Not Ready"

After doing a search it seems it may be a driver problem, My mate lent me the leads but no CD :headbang:

OK - I now get

"Port Status - OK

Interface - Found!

Type, serial pass-through

Opto/ISO:No

RossTech Design:No

I run Vag Com - choose Golf MK2 as the option but every scan comes up with nothing?

Any ideas anyone?

you'll get next to nothing off a mk2 anyway, it doesn't run an OBD2 bus. all it does is the ABS controller has an interface.

Matt