Welcome to DubForce.net

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Easty

Hot Tuning Coilovers...Good or bad????

6 posts in this topic

with the price of cheap coilovers at the moment

you could probably buy 3 sets for the price of one good set!!

We had them briefly on my wife's 9N Polo 1.2.

They weren't bad but I think I'd want something better if I was really going to push the car.

We've sold them on now as she's in for a 20vT conversion B)

Plus she wanted air because of all the bloody speed bumps round here :angry:

They serve a purpose of being coilovers, but as said, buy cheap you will regret it in a years time, they dont last and the ride is supposedly rock hard which makes your car skitish and crashy which is worse than wallowy standard in my book!

Just sold a set of these that I was gonna put on my mk2 8v, was doing a budget makeover, i've read conflicting views on these.. some say they're great some say rock hard, they're £150 so at the end of the day they will serve a purpose and get your car in the weeds they go as low as 120mm. But personally if its handling your looking for and not style points koni/eibach setup will win hands down all day long.. I'd save up for a set of KW's variant 1 or 2, these are recognised as being the best you can get... I couldn't bring myself to put the hottuning I had on the new Edition to the family :D